Please save original images in any case beforehand. The modification of original images is always connected
with a residual risk!!!
COSIMA RATING and COSIMA SORTING
Cosima Rating and Cosima Sorting are two independent software tools, Cosima Rating
to rate and Cosima Sorting to sort stereo images. But both tools have
a common user interface Cosima Rating Gui, which can serve both software parts.
A checkbox at the top of the Gui decides whether Rating or Sorting is active.
Cosima Rating - Overview:
Cosima Rating is a stereo image viewer for continuous viewing of
stereoscopic images in a folder with the additional possibility
to rate the images during display in 7 levels.
The 7 levels are: "-1", "0", "1", "2", "3", "4" and "5".
The rating is stored directly into the metadata of the images (XMP:Rating).
The storage of the rating is standard-compliant and can also be viewed or changed with other programs
(e.g. Windows Explorer, ExiftoolGui, XnView).
The ratings and a consecutive image number are displayed in the image during display
(below left the consecutive image number and below right the rating).
Into the field PathofImages the image directory is entered (same path as for Cosima),
either directly into the field or using the Select button. You may also drag and drop directories.
Stereoscopic images are to be displayed and evaluated, so it must be assumed,
that these were corrected before. Therefore, the images are located in subdirectories of Pathofimages.
This is selected by radio buttons. If the images come from a foreign source and are more or less uncorrected
(sbs or mpo only), the original PathofImages directory can be selected directly.
If a valuation session has been interrupted and shall to be resumed, the index of the first
image to be displayed is to be entered at StartwithImage.
Seven different display configurations are supported:
1.) Anaglyph display on display A, works on virtually any monitor
2.) Interlaced representation on display A, e.g. for a passive 3D monitor.
3.) Over each other, half height (TAB-H) on display A, preferably for a 3D-TV
4.) Next to each other, full width for horizontal span: One double-width screen is set to two
physical monitors. The system only sees a large virtual display A.
5.) Same as 4.), right image mirrored for mirror-box (Co-Box)
6.) Side by side, full width for DualView: two Screens are displayed on two monitors.
The system sees two single displays.
7.) Same as 6.), right iamge mirrored for mirror box (Co-Box)
The operating system numbers through all monitors found from 1 to N. The assignment to the displays A and B is free.
The test button is used to test and simulate the display configuration.
The monitors found and their dimensions are displayed in the message box.
The box is also used to output error messages.
Key commands during image display:
- Space: Jump to the next image in directory (Ctrl-Space: steps of 10, Alt-Space: steps of 100).
- Back: Jump to the previous image in directory (Ctrl-Back: steps of 10, Alt-Back: steps of 100).
- Home: Jump to the first image in the directory. - NEW
- End: Jump to the last image in the directory. - NEW
- N: Display of the file name in the upper left corner. - NEW
- R: Display of the ratings in the lower right corner. - NEW
- X: Rating with -1 stars (reject image).
- 0: Rating with 0 stars (corresponds to "not rated").
- 1: Rating with 1 star.
- 2: Rating with 2 stars.
- 3: Rating with 3 stars.
- 4: Rating with 4 stars.
- 5: Rating with 5 stars.
- ESC: Termination of the program.
Screenshot Cosima Rating
Cosima Sorting - Overview:
Cosima Sorting is a sorting program for sorting images that have been rated by Cosima Rating.
When sorting, the metadata of the images (XMP:Rating) are evaluated and the images are moved or copied into
After the rating by Cosima Rating, activate Sorting by clicking the checkbox at the top of the Gui.
Then the sorting options can be selected.
Sorting starts after clicking the Start button.
Of course, the rating can also have been done by any other software that can write XMP:Rating,
(e.g. Windows Explorer, ExiftoolGui, XnView).
Into the field PathofImages the image directory is to be entered (same path as for Cosima
and Cosima Rating), either directly into the field or using the Select button. You may also drag and drop directories.
Of course, just the subdirectory must be selected, in which the images have been rated.
So you must choose the same subdirectory as used for Cosima Rating.
Enter the directory which should be used for sorting.
This does not necessarily have to be the directory with the rated images.
Multiple answers are possible.
If also the original images should be sorted, the organization of these original images must be known.
Only a certain selection is supported:
1.) Stereoscopic images in PathofImages (corresponds to Cosima InputMode = 4)
2.) Left-right separated images in PathofImages (corresponds to Cosima InputMode = 4)
3.) Stereoscopic images in PathofImages\s (corresponds to cosima InputMode = 9)
4.) Left-right separated images in PathofImages (corresponds to cosima InputMode = 9)
Section Sorting Options
There are 3 basic functions to choose from:
1.) During sorting, copies are created, i.e. the images selected for sorting are retained.
2.) The files selected for sorting are moved.
3.) No files are moved or copied, only the XMP:Rating entries are copied.
If files are to be copied or moved into subfolders, there are 3 alternatives for this:
1.) The images will all be copied or moved into subfolders [X,0,1,2,3,4,5] according to their ratings.
2.) Only the good images with a rating in interval [UpperThresh:5] are copied or moved into subfolder A.
3.) The good images with a rating in the [UpperThresh:5] interval are copied or moved into the A subfolder,
the images in the center field with a rating in the interval [LowerThresh+1:UpperThresh-1] are copied or moved into subfolder B
and the bad images with a rating in the [-1:LowerThresh] interval are copied or moved into the C subfolder.
LowerThreshold: Lower threshold for moving/copying images to directory C.
UpperThreshold: Upper threshold for moving/copying images to directory A
Please note: When sorting in the directory above or in the parallel directory no
filenames are checked, an equal number of images in the directory is assumed.
Installation and Start:
- Download the archive cosima_rating.zip
and extract it to any folder you like.
- Start the program cosima_rating_gui.exe by double-clicking it.
- 04.10.2017: Cosima Rating could crash when missing images after error message.
- 02.11.2017: With Cosima Rating further subfolders in the image directory don't bother anymore now.
- 02.11.2017: For Cosima Sorting the options MovingOption = 5 and 6 added.
- 14.11.2017: Bugfix: cs images (Subfolder = 3) were displayed wrong.
- 14.11.2017: New: Subfolder = 0 to view/sort arbitrary images directly in PathofImages.
- 26.12.2017: The keyboard-input is fixed on the output display - thus the operation via the keyboard is always guaranteed.
- 26.12.2017: Bugfix: MPO images in subfolder = 0.
- 01.02.2018: Bugfix: VerboseMode = 2 caused a crash.
From now on VerboseMode = 2 starts a pure information run without image display.
- 17.03.2018: Bugfix: Files with dots in file name were not recognized.
- 01.04.2018: ARW and CR2 images are supported.
- 01.04.2018: New display modes 5 and 7 for CoBox (right mirrored).
- 22.09.2018: Maximum number of images in directory increased to 9999.
- 14.10.2018: DNG is supported.
- 12.04.2019: Graphical user interface added.
- 01.05.2019: English Version.
- 12.05.2019: Minor changes to the Gui, new buttons Home, End, "N" like "Names" and "R" like "Ratings".